Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Oh my! I can't believe we're a week into February already! 2012 has one month under her belt, and it feels as if time just isn't going to stop for anyone. Now I know in my last post I promised to keep this little blog of mine up to date, but the truth is, I've been one great big busy bee! But the great kind of busy! Work has slowed right down for both jobs, and I'm still on Uni holidays until the end of the month, so I decided to fill up my weekends with fun! And you won't believe the things I've been doing!!! Im not going to give it all away in one post though (besides, there are way too many photos). 

I have collected a bunch of those 'experience' type vouchers from various birthdays and I'd decided that it was about time to cash them in. Since I had a Circus themed 21st Birthday last year, I was lucky enough to be gifted a voucher for two people to learn how to Circus Trapeze. Fantastic gift right!? Wrong! I am absolutely petrified of heights. I always have been. But one couldn't really turn down an experience like this. It was time to concur my fear!!

I climbed up the ladder for my very first go, trembling with fear of course, and when the lady yelled 'Go' I remained stuck to the platform. No surprise really, I knew it would happen. So the man beside me gave me a little tap of encouragement behind the knees and that was it, I was flying. It was such a surreal feeling to be able to let go like that. In a matter of seconds I had overcome a huge fear of heights, and surprised myself by being able to complete the trick. By the end of the lesson, I had flown through the air a number of times, holding on with my hands and then only by my knees. I had learnt how to do a backflip on my own, and then for the final trick I let go and was caught by a man on another trapeze and swung freely below him. So I think all of that is significant enough to cross off the "Do something extreme" prompt on my 101/1001 list! 

Here are a few photos... I think you can tell from my body language that I was super uncomfortable on that platform! Ha! 


February has been crazy fun already... And there is just so much more to come! You'll have to check back in the next few days to see just what I've been up to. Unless of course you follow me on Instagram, then the secrets are already spoiled! 

2 comments:

  1. what an incredible experience. it's NOT easy conquering your fears, but you did it, kaisha! :). have fun celebrating your joel's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Looks SO amazing. Some day I wish to do that with my man! I can't believe it's 2012 either, it's come so quick! And I am sure it will disappear quick with your adventures coming up!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...