I have been thinking a lot lately. About my life, my direction, and everything else in between. In doing so, it has dawned on me that the last twenty years of my life have gone quick, and nothing is stopping the coming years from going by even quicker. Its time for me to soldier on through the routine parts of my life at the moment, try new things and arrive at a place of complete happiness.
I have decided to make a list of 101 things to complete in 1001 days. Some are serious personal and professional achievements I would love to meet. But most are weird and wonderful experiences I've done before, to be shared with people I love, or new experiences designed to "broaden my horizon". At the end of the 1001 days, which is roughly two years and nine months, I will look back and see what I have been able to check off my list along the way. Hopefully, I will know myself a bit better then.
Start: September 17th 2010
End: Coming soon...
2. Start a post-grad degree.
3. Learn another language.
4. Work/study abroad.
5. Get a piece of writing published.
8. Sew an outfit from a pattern.
10. Plant a tree.
11. Volunteer somewhere.
12. Dye my hair blonde again.
14. Learn an instrument - percussion counts.
15. Complete a rubik's cube without cheating!
19. Go for a run every morning for a month.
22. Go to a wedding.
26. Go to another state in Australia.
27. Donate blood.
28. Make a veggie/herb garden.
29. Hold an event for charity.
30. Renew my boat and jetski license.
31. Remember and recite a Shakespeare sonnet.
34. Make a scrapbook for someone.
37. Learn how to play poker.
38. Win poker.
41. Win free tickets.
42. Make a snowman.
43. Go fishing. Without complaining.
46. Be in the Q&A audience.
48. Sing karaoke in a bar.
50. Buy a lottery ticket.
52. Stand up on a surfboard.
54. Read someone's biography.
55. Play monopoly right till the end when someone goes bankrupt.
57. Build a birdhouse.
59. Have a food fight.
61. Have lunch with an old friend.
62. Go trick or treating.
67. Take a community course.
69. Use old stationary at the start of a semester, instead of new.
73. Leave my phone at home.
74. Stay at a bed & breakfast in an whimsical place.
76. Knit a scarf, or socks. Either one. And give them as a present.
77. Go to the Northern Territory.
78. Watch a thriller movie alone.
79. Go on a blind date.
80. Go to a hen's party.
84. Serve dinner and share stories with the homeless.
85. Go to a protest.
88. Learn how to moon walk.
90. Go to mardi gras.
92. Be silent for an entire day.
93. Host a tea party.
95. Go to yoga or pilates, and actually find my center.
97. Go to an amusement park, and concur all the rides.
99. Make a new list for the next three years.
100. List ten things I like about myself.