Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Big Day Out

At 12:01 this morning, tickets for Sydney's Big Day Out summer music festival went on sale. An event to which I have been eagerly awaiting since hearing the announcement last week. While most people I know were disappointed with the lineup, I was becoming loudly excited. Not for any of the headline acts, no. But for so many of the artists resting at the bottom of the bill. To name a few, Angus & Julia Stone, Little Red, Crystal Castles, Dead Letter Circus, Blue King Brown, Kids of 88 and Gypsy & The Cat, to complete a perfect day with John Butler Trio and MIA


And while I know I can see many of these acts for no more than $17 at a seedy Sydney pub midweek, the money is well worth having them all fall on one wonderous day of bands, beer and best friends.

So, it was a stressful twenty minutes, but at 12.23 I received my confirmation email saying, Yes, You are going to Big Day Out next year! And now the excitement builds as I uncover everybody else who scored tickets. But, for anyone who missed out, BDO have just announced a second festival date, for January the 27th. Tickets will go on sale next Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you! I was quite undecided about going to BDO this year, but I guess the rate at which tickets sold out decided my fate haha. You definitely have to see M.I.A. She is insaaane live!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...