Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dear Photograph


Originally when I thought about my holidays I pictured endless days of getting things done and writing so much more on here. But now I'm more than halfway through them and I think I have been less present more than ever. Not for lack of interest or anything like that. It's just that I am so hard pressed for spare time. I have been a little sick over the last couple of days, which naturally means a fair bit of internet trolling. Amidst my regular daily reads and pinteresting finds, I came across an adorable website called Dear Photograph. It's a pretty little photo log compiled from individual submissions where people from all over the world have taken a photo of a photo from the past in the present. Such a simple idea, I know! But the result is an incredibly beautiful juxtaposition of old and new in the same location. There is something about nostalgia that sits so well with me, so of course I've fallen in love with this website. I'm currently searching through my old photos to try this myself!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this!!
    Sorry you've been sick... hope you're feeling better now!
    And regarding sponsoring and guest blogging, yes, please! Just send me your button and the link, and I'll add it to my sidebar. I'd need your post someday next week, so that I have time to organize the rest of the guest posts and schedule them for the following week. The topic is whatever you want to share with my readers (recipes, tips, marriage/relationships, a funny story/anecdote, you and your blog...).
    Thanks for your interest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are on the mend.
    I love these photos ... just so clever.
    Look forward to seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are so amazing. So inspirational! I wish I could do something like this ... maybe I will for the future. So great!

    I am sorry to hear you have been unwell darling, I hope all is well. And don't worry love, I will still be here when you decide to take over a month off! This is a blog, and although there is so much in our lives to post, we do not always have the time and energy to do so. :) Take me for instance, at the moment, I have put a few posts on hold because I am having a rough week, lol. Aahh well. It happens.

    So cheer up lovely and I always look forward to your posts. :)

    Nothing is new with me really. Just working! Haha, wish I was interesting sometimes.

    Have a great week and keep enjoying your holidays.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! nice idea!!
    Love your photos,so cute xx

    I love the dress! I'm following you now, I hope you follow me too! :)
    http://kimonosnack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...