Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Sounds: New Music Edition


It has been a very long while between my last Sunday Sounds post, and I apologise for that (especially to those of you who I know enjoy the music part of this little blog). But it's back and here to stay. Better late then never. And might I just say, you know you are in desperate need of some new music when you hit shuffle mode on your iTunes and you no longer enjoy the first ten songs it throws at you!! So here is some great new stuff that I've had on a very high rotation as of late...

Bon Iver - Calgary


This is the eighth track of the self-titled album from American indie-folk band Bon Iver. Like 'Calgary', each of the tracks are inspired by locations (either real or imagined, I'm not too sure) that front man Justin Vernon believed to hold a special sort of significance and embodied the very sound he wanted to evoke. But it's hard to put a label on this sound, because each track is so very different. There are acoustic lovelies, electronic parts and even some songs that are just completely stripped down, almost naked if you will. While 'Calgary' incorporates the more electronic sound found on the album and is a stand out for its hauntingly beautiful lyrics, I think every track is done to complete perfection. Highly recommended!

Seeker Lover Keeper - Even Though I'm A Woman


Seeker Lover Keeper is the dynamic collaboration of some of Australia's best indie-songstress'. Here, Sally Seltmann, Sarah Blasko and Holly Throsby have joined together to create some sort of dream team, and my are they dreamy!! Each of the lovely ladies have written four songs each on the album, which upon a complete listen only shows how they completely compliment and inspire one another. Overall it's a beautiful album, one that you'll just have to listen to to understand. Note: This clip is kinda freaky after a while. Anyone else get that?

Emma Louise - Jungle


Okay so I lied. This isn't entirely a new music edition because this little gem from Emma Louise was released back in April, but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to share it with you. After all, it's always seems to be stuck in my head! The vocals are incredibly powerful, but very well reserved at the same time. Oh and the hook... Did I mention how it will get stuck in your head? While Emma Louise is a relatively new lady on the scene, I dare say we will be seeing a lot more of her soon. Especially if this track is anything to go by.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I worked a hell of a lot, as usual. But it's the start of a new week tomorrow and I'm determined to get things done!

5 comments:

  1. I love the Bon Iver song and clip... currently trying to get my head around writing a review on the album, a lot to take in. Totally agree with you on the hook in Jungle she;s a good songwriter! Though with SLK I think you can't deny there are talented people but the songs wash over me, just a bunch of whispers about heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaisha!

    I am IN LOVE with the "Seeker Lover Keeper - Even Though I'm A Woman"!!!! Love love love it! What a wonderful trio! And yes I agree, the clip does get a little strange after a while.

    Great post! :)

    Have a wonderful week!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Bon Iver!!

    x

    nrahrahrah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeker lover keeper is on repeat here at my house, oh and I am loving Emma Louise too ... fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...