Monday, March 28, 2011

30 Days of Lists: List Twenty Five & Twenty Six

It's Monday again! Which means time to play catch up on all those lists I missed over the weekend. I must admit to you, the list prompts over the weekend actually frustrated me a little. You'll see why in a minute...

List Twenty Five - Things I'd Rather Be Doing Right Now


  • ANYTHING that isn't working for twenty-something hours over the weekend! 
  • ANYTHING with my friends. 
  • ANYTHING with my boyfriend. 

Since this list fell on Saturday for me,  I was already amidst one of my crazy day and night working weekends. My list ended up being fairly blunt, but at least it was honest. I have a few more weekends like this, but then my friends and I should be going on a little camping trip!

List Twenty Six - Books I'd Like To Read This Year 


Lunch in Paris - Elizabeth Bard
(A book I have wanted for a while.  A little sappy love read... YES! But who doesn't want a romantic read every now and then. Especially when it has cute French recipe's throughout).

The Dollanganger Series - Virginia Andrews
(I believe that gothic horror is best read and not watched).

The Time Travellers Wife - Audry Niffenegger 
(I still haven't seen the movie, so I am keen to read this first)

 To Kill a Mocking Bird - Harper Lee
(This would be a re-re-re-re-read. But I have never found a book that truly captures the idea of human dignity as this does).

Sing You Home - Jodi Picoult 
(Her latest novel only released at the start of the month... I just love her take on highly contentious social topics. So this one on Gay Rights should be great!)

On The Road - Jack Kerouac
(A classic Beat novel that needs to be read in times of spontaneity).

The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher - Kate Summerscale
(Just to spark up those old Detective Fiction inklings).

    This list was exciting to write, don't get me wrong. It's just that in the back of my mind, I know it will be a long wait till I am able to read a book in recreation again. For now, Family, Commercial and Associations Law are the only books I will be turning the pages of. Boo!

    Lovely photos from weheartit.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for your comments!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...